Information Security and Data Management Course
Vulnerabilities and lack of necessary security skills applicable to today's technology environments have reached a crisis point and therefore, in order to maintain privacy required and to facilitate efficient communication between agencies, issues of information security, interoperability, and data management must be addressed. Information Security and Data Management training equip participants with knowledge and skills on how to integrate truly effective information security and data management best practices and standards to organizations existing processes, technology assets and management.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- ·Security Investment & Measurement
- ·Cyber Risk Management & Security Metrics
- ·Enterprise Security Governance & Planning
- ·Realistic Security
- ·Effective Incident Response
- ·Managing Operational Threat
- ·Developing a Crisis Communications Strategy
- ·Building an Insider Threat Program
- ·External Dependency Management
Who Should Attend?
This course targets employees in the information technology department, managers, and all supervisors in all departments. The course also targets new start-ups that want to learn about information security to ensure their information is protected.
Introduction & Overview
- ·Significance of Information Security
Information Security Governance
- ·Information security governance
- ·Significance of information security
- ·Security management programs
- ·Introduction to information security risk management
- ·Information security risk assessment
- ·Information security risk analysis
- ·Mitigation of information security risk
- ·Continuous information security risk Monitoring
Developing Information Security Strategy
- ·Importance/significance of information security strategy
- ·Factors to consider while developing Information security strategy
- ·Information security Management Responsibilities
Policies, procedures, standards & guidelines
- ·Introduction and Liability
- ·Policy Basics
- ·Policy Lifecycle
- ·Best Practices and Guidelines
Information security technology
- ·Introduction to information security technology
- ·Trusted vs Untrusted technologies
- ·Information Encryptions
- ·Introduction to Information Security incident management
- ·Incident management response lifecycle preparation
- ·Intrusion detection technologies and systems
- ·Security incident response
Business continuity & disaster recovery
- ·Introduction to business continuity planning and disaster recovery
- ·Business continuity phases
- ·Disaster recovery
- ·Recovery strategies
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Livecode Technologies Limited certificate.
The training is residential and will be held at livecodeTraining Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 725771853
The course fees is KES 69,000.00 or USD 1,000.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank on or before the training date.
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||09-23-2019 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-27-2019 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||09-19-2019|