Training on Node.js Essentials Course
When you install Node you'll get the npm package manager too - adding further functionality to your design, development, testing and deployment lifecycle becomes a breeze.
So whether you're creating a web app using Angular, React, Ember, or simply need to build some fast and sexy RESTful web services and APIs, we can help you get up to speed quickly, and point out some of the best packages available to use in your projects.
By the end of this course, you will have learnt:
- Obtain and configure Node.js
- Test your installation
- Launch a Node server
- Grab the best npm packages
- Write and run Command Line scripts
- Build an Express app
- Create simple Web Services
- Unit test your code with Mocha
Module 1: Introduction to Node.js
- What it is and why you should use it
- Obtaining and installing Node.js
- Configuration and Testing your Node.js installation
- Installing and managing npm packages
Module 2: Core Node.js Concepts
- Blocking I/O, Non-blocking I/O or Asynchronous I/O
- Promises and Observables
- Prototypes and Inheritance
Module 3: Building an Express app with Node.js
- Creating your first http server
- Booting up
Module 4: Creating a Node.js Web Service
- Benefits of using Node.js for RESTful Web Services
- Getting going
- Adding Authentication with OAuth
- Testing your REST API
Module 5: TDD / Unit Testing with Mocha
- Installing Mocha
- Defining a Unit Test
- Implementing the Unit
- Mocha Hooks
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our Livecode Technologies Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Mob: +254 725771853
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. Applicants must live up to Livecode Technologies admission criteria.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a Livecode Technologies certificate.
The training is residential and will be held at livecodeTraining Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 725771853
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank before the training date.
The course fee is KES 100,000.00 or USD 1200.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||08-08-2022 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||08-17-2022 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||08-04-2022|