Mobile Data Collection and Data Management Using SurveyCTO Course
Data collection is a vital part of any developmental work. In the previous years data collection used to be done on paper and pen which was prone to a lot of errors and difficult to conduct on large scale.
SurveyCTO is one of the most reliable, secure, and scalable mobile data collection platform for researchers and professionals working in offline settings. Many organizations use it to power 1000+ rigorous, complex, and large-scale projects in 150+ countries. With sophisticated workflows, robust quality control features, and real-time visualizations, SurveyCTO collects secure, high quality data – even offline.
This training is aimed at participants who want to build their skills to author, deploy and manage data collection for field research using SurveyCTO.
What you will learn
By the end of this training the participants will learn to:
- Convert paper forms/questionnaires into digital forms that can be used for mobile data collection and case management
- Collect high quality and secure data both online and offline using SurveyCTO
- Integrate SurveyCTO with other tools
- Carry out data audits and real time monitoring during field data collection
- Build basic mobile application, install and use on phone.
- View, manage and export data compatible with statistical tools for further analysis
Introduction to SurveyCTO
- Introduction and Key Concepts
- Advantages of SurveyCTO
- Key Features of SurveyCTO
- Case studies on use of SurveyCTO
- Components of SurveyCTO
- Data aggregation, storage, and dissemination
- Setting up a SurveyCTO server
- Managing users & user roles
Setting Up SurveyCTO Collect App
- Installing SurveyCTO collect from google play store
- Configuring SurveyCTO collect app
- SurveyCTO Collect Application Interface
SurveyCTO Online Form builder
- Creating a form
- Input types
- Adding question to Form
- Form logics
- Import and export forms
Building Forms using XLSForms
- Introduction to xlsform designer
- Components of XlSForm
- Question types
- Handling constraints and required options
- Form skip logic
- Form Operators and Functions
- Grouping Questions
- Settings Worksheet
- Importing xlsforms to surveyCTO server
Using SurveyCTO Collect
- Managing forms in SurveyCTO Collect
- Collecting GPS data
- Submitting data to SurveyCTO Server
Monitoring Data with SurveyCTO Data Explorer
- Monitoring Submission statistics
- Monitoring Form submissions and dataset
- Reviewing and correcting incoming data
- Summarize data submitted for individual fields
- Summarize the empirical relationships between field
- Exporting &Exporting data from SurveyCTO as CSV via SurveyCTO Sync
- Importing SurveyCTO – CSV file into statistical applications
- Downloading data directly from SurveyCTO
Visualizing Geographic Data
- Exporting GPS Coordinates to Google maps and Google Earth
- Exporting GPS data for Mapping/Visualizing
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Mobile: +254 725 771 853
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fees is KES 70,000.00 or USD 950.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mobile: +254 725 771 853
Payment should be transferred to bank before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
|Event Date||10-18-2021 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-22-2021 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||10-14-2021|
|Individual Price||USD 950|