Training Mobile Data Collection using ONA Course
MOBILE DATA COLLECTION USING ONA
Ona is a set of tools that are used for field data collection using android mobile phones (Devices) and allows data submission to an online or cloud server. These tools include Ona Form Builder, XLSForms, Ona Cloud based survey data hosting, Enketo Forms for web based data collection and ODK Collect for data collection on Android mobile devices.
Ona is part of a larger collection of mobile data collection tools that were inspired by the ODK Open Rosa Consortium. The other too include ODK Collect, ODK Build, XLSForm, ODK Aggregate and ODK Manage as the major components. Other tools in the ODK ecosystem include ODK Briefcase, ODK Aggregate VM, ODK XLSForm Converter, ODK Validate, GEOODK, ODK Scanner, ODK Printers and the ODK Sensor Framework.
Other tools that were inspired by the ODK ecosystem include but not limited to: Kobo tool box which is also free and open source, Ona.io and Survey CTO which have a free trial period and a premium version with added functionalities and unlimited survey data storage capacity.
Other commonly used mobile data collection tools include CSPro for android (CS Entry), Magpi (Regular data collection and also supports SMS data Collection), fulcrum, mobenzi, visitbasis, dimagi, zapier amongst many others.
This training course will teach learners how to author surveys, field mobile data collection applications, and submit data to an online server in Ona.io. The course will also mention the other mobile data collection tools available.
If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage, visualize and analyze project field data using mobile phones and devices, this training course is for you.
Data collection have always been an integral part of development work. In the past, these tasks were performed with paper and pen, which made them prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs.
ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection.
If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage and analyze project data using mobile devices, this training course is for you. This training course also comes with an additional GIS module to help participants put the skills acquired into perspective. The GIS module will help participants work with spatial data.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is suitable for people who want to learn how to:
- Author/Digitize surveys in Ona
- Author/Digitize surveys in XLSForms
- Setup and account in Ona.io
- Get familiar with the Ona platform
- Collect data on Mobile devices using the Ona Platform
- Collect data on any web browser
- Setup, manage and administer a mobile data collection system in Ona.io
- Manage external/enumerators
- Learn and apply best practices in mobile data collection setup and administration
- Collect Geo data and develop maps using QGIS
- Manage, visualize and analyze data on the Ona platform
- Extract/export data from Ona in useful formats such as KML, csv, Json and others for analysis
- Learn how to consume the Ona API external applications.
- Learn about other similar mobile data collection tools and technologies
This training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic ICT concepts.
The course will teach leaners how to implement a mobile data collection platform using ona.io.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to setup, implement, manage and administer a mobile data collection application using the ona.io platform and develop maps using QGIS. Additionally, learners will be exposed to other available mobile data collection platforms.
Introduction to the course
- ICT refresher
- Introduction to mobile data collection systems architecture.
- Introduction to common mobile based data collection tools, techniques and platform.
- Benefits of mobile data collection.
- Challenges of Mobile Based Data Collection.
- Best Practices.
Introduction to Survey Authoring/Digitization
- Introduction to xlsforms syntax for survey authoring - Digitizing questionnaires/instruments for Ona using xlsforms.
Intermediate Survey Authoring/Digitization
- Intermediate survey authoring: Digitizing questionnaires for Ona using xlsforms.
Advanced Survey Authoring/Digitization
- Advanced survey authoring: Digitizing questionnaires for ODK using xlsforms.
- Questionnaire logic.
- Xlsforms troubleshooting
- Converting xlsforms to XML
- XML forms validation
Survey Authoring Using the Ona Form Builder
Data Collection, management, visualization, analysis and extraction using ona
- Device setup and calibration
- Data management using ona.io
- Data visualization using ona.io
- Data analysis using ona.io
- Maps in ona.io
- Extracting/Exporting data for analysis
- Platform administration
Module V (GIS)
- Introduction to GIS
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
- Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
- Exporting data to Fusion tables using QGIS
- Converting data to shape files
- Developing maps
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Mobile: +254 725 771 853
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fees is KES 70,000.00 or USD 1,000.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mobile: +254 725 771 853
Payment should be transferred to bank before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
|Event Date||05-16-2022 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||05-20-2022 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||05-12-2022|
|Individual Price||USD 1,000|