Mobile Data Collection using EpiCollect Course
Advances in information technology have opened exciting new avenues for how research is conducted, with huge implications to Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E). One of these advances is the use of Mobile Data Collection (MDC). Instead of collection data on paper using a pen, which is the manually entered into a database for analysis, data is input into a device which is then capable of exporting directly into a centralized database for processing and analysis.
EpiCollect is a suite of tools that allows data collection using Android mobile devices and data submission to an online server. This training will equip the participants with skills to author, field and manage mobile data collection platform using EpiCollect.
This course is aimed at organizational staffs who are conducting field data collection activities.
What you will learn
By the end of this training the participants will learn to:
- ·Create a Project website at EpiCollect.net
- ·Use EpiCollect form builder to design a Form
- ·Load the Project into the EpiCollect app on your phone
- ·Collect multiple sets of geotagged data
- ·Synchronise data from your phone with your project website
- ·View data using Google Maps and Google Earth at your Project Website
Introduction to Mobile based Data Collection
- Overview of MDC
- Benefits and challenges of MDC
- Different MDC platforms and technologies
- GPS concepts
- Data types
Introduction to EpiCollect
- Components of EpiCollect 5
- EpiCollect vs other MDC technologies
- EpiCollect Case studies
EpiCollect web application
- Creating a project
- Adding and editing entries
- Managing users
- Mapping data
- Downloading data
- Import and Export projects
EpiCollect Form Builder
- Introduction to form builder
- Input types
- Form design
- Linking forms
- Form logics
- Import and export forms
- Import and export possible answers
EpiCollect mobile app
- Installation of EpiCollect app on android and iphone
- Adding a project
- Adding an entry
- Editing entries
- Saving and uploading entries
- Downloading entries
- Sharing images
Integration with other data platforms
- Exporting EpiCollect data for further analysis in Spreadsheet
- Importing into QGIS
- Mapping project Photos
- Preparing GIS project maps
From EpiCollect to visualization using GIS
- Spatial Data Infrastructure(SDI)
- Labelling using multiple fields
- View, Edit attribute data
- Performing table joins
- QGIS Plugins
- Recoding data
- Performing basic statistical analysis using QGIS
- Incorporating Pie Charts and Graphs in GIS maps
- Preparing M&E Maps
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Mobile: +254 725 771 853
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fees is KES 70,000.00 or USD 950.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mobile: +254 725 771 853
Payment should be transferred to bank before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
|Event Date||08-10-2020 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||08-14-2020 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||08-06-2020|
|Individual Price||USD 950|