Advanced Computer Skills Course
The Advanced Computer skills training program will purpose to empower participants with Microsoft Office skills to harness the power of computing for their own benefit and gain a great knowledge of computer.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for anyone who has little or no computer literacy.
Module 1: Introduction to Computers and Windows Operating System
- Basic computer terminology.
- What is a computer?
- What is an operating system?
- What are the major physical components of the computer?
- What is the desktop?
- Quick Launch Toolbar
- Start menu
- My Computer
- Task Manager
- Windows and its components
- Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons
- Title bar
- Navigating a webpage
- Web site
- Home page
- Search engine
- Web browsing (IE, Netscape, Mozilla)
- Menu options
- Minimize, maximize and close
- File Management
- Create a new folder.
- Copy/Move files from one folder to another.
- Drag and Drop files.
- Create different file types with varying extensions.
- Create a shortcut to an often-used file or application.
- Utilize the hard drive and other drives for file management.
- Rename/Delete a folder or file.
- Use the Recycle Bin appropriately.
Module 2: Microsoft Word
- Starting Microsoft Word
- Quitting Microsoft Word
- File Management
- Creating A New Document
- Saving A Document in Microsoft Word
- Saving To Different Locations
- Opening An Existing Document
- Moving around the Document
- Delete Text
- Selecting Text
- Move and Copy Text
- Checking Spelling and Grammar
- Document Enhancements
- Character Formatting
- Paragraph Formatting
- Bulleted and Numbered Lists
- Page and Document Attributes
- Document Views
- Custom Margins and Page Layout
- Page Numbers, Headers and Footers
- Page Breaks
- Tables and Styles
- Mail merge
- Drawing Bar
- Inserting Objects Vs Linking Objects
- Editing and Formatting Graphics
- Table Of Contents And Printing
- To compile a table of contents by using built-in heading styles:
- List of Figures
- Table of Index
Module 3: Microsoft Excel
- Creating a Basic Worksheet
- Performing Calculations
- Modifying a Worksheet
- Formatting a Worksheet
- Printing Workbook Contents
- Data Analysis and Presentation
- Validating and Updating data
- Types of spread sheets
- Examples of spread sheets
- Advantages of electronic spread sheets
- Functions of spread sheets
- Applications of spread sheets
- Getting Started
- To launch Ms Excel 2003;
- Parts of Ms Excel Applications Window
- Features of microsoft excel
- Data entry in ms excel
- Types of formula
- Entering data in a cell
- Selecting data in a work sheet
- Formatting A Worksheet
- Auto formats
- Data reference
- Types of cell reference
- Editing a worksheet
- Functions and formula
- Calculation operators:
- Using various functions
- Data management functions
- Goal seek
- Sorting and filtering
- Auto filter
- Advanced filter
- Data validation
- Microsoft excel charts and graphs
- Steps of creating a chart
- Types of charts
- Creating a pivot table
- Formatting charts
- Setting print area, page setup and passwords
- Page setup and printing
- Repeating titles in every page (column labels)
- Print order/ print area
- Other functions
- To protect your work book / work sheet
- To protect a work book
- Data forms
- Errors values
- Freeze pane
- Split panes
Module 4: Microsoft Outlook
- How to use features of Outlook
- How to compose and organize your email
- How to work with contacts
- How to use calendar features
- How to do Outlook tasks
Module 5: Microsoft PowerPoint
- New Features of PowerPoint
- Creating presentations with PowerPoint
- Apply pre-production organizational concepts (such as storyboarding and visual organizers)
- Open and close a presentation or presentation template
- Save a presentation file
- Create an original presentation or use a template
- Rearrange slides using slide sorter or a storyboard feature to organize a presentation
- Choose a slide format
- Use icons and menus
- Type/enter text or create a text box
- Change (Font size, Font type, Style or effects, Color )
- Cut, copy, and paste text
- Use undo and redo icons
- Select and resize graphics, pictures, clip art
- Select multimedia clips or sounds
- Use page setup
- Use slide show tool
- Transitions and animations
- Graphics, clip art, sounds, and multimedia files (including narration)
- Modifying background and layout of presentation slides
- Use of spell check, grammar check, and thesaurus
- Use find, change, and replace tools
- Apply principles and elements of graphic design
- Use tools to rotate, edit, or highlight text
- Insert objects such as graphs, charts, and spreadsheets
- Insert hyperlinks
- Use print preview
- Print audience handouts to support a multimedia presentation
- Insert page/slide numbers
- Manage headers and footers
- Edit master slide(s)
- Adjust presentation timing, action buttons, and looping
- Import animations, sounds, and multimedia from other files/applications (such as background music and visual organizers)
- Create presentations using navigation buttons and non-linear design
- Work in various modes/views (such as outline, notes, and presentation)
- Use function keys and keyboard shortcuts
- Adjust page/slide views
- Troubleshoot formatting problems -- use Help feature
- Modify tool bars to reflect current use for tool(s)
Module 6: Microsoft Access
- How to create and design Access databases
- How to work with Access tables, relationships, keys and constraints
- How to query data
- How to manage and design interfaces with Access Forms
- How to create basic to advanced reports
- How to automate tasks with Macros and VBA
Module 7: Web Surfing
- Social Media Security
- Drop box
- Google Drive
Module 8: Virus Control (Antivirus Management Techniques)
- Types of viruses
- Software Bugs.
- Trojan Horses.
- Software Chameleons.
- Software Bombs.
- Logic Bombs.
- Time Bombs.
- Classification Of Viruses
- Resident viruses
- Non-resident viruses
- Vectors and hosts
- History Of Viruses
- Ways in which a virus can infect a computer
- Different Approaches Of Dealing With Virus
- Dictionary approach
- Suspicious approach
- Heuristic approach
- Sandbox approach
- File type approach
- White listing approach
- Issues Of Concern
- Replication strategy
- Types of transmission media and files commonly targeted by viruses.
- Methods that viruses use to avoid detection
- Vulnerable computer spots
- Virus Detection
- What to do if infected
- Introduction to antivirus softwares
- Types of antivirus softwares
- How antivirus softwares work
- Installing, managing, updating and using antivirus softwares
- Preventive measures
- Counter measures (user education)
- Recovery methods
- Policies that can be implemented to control virus risk in computers
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Livecode Technologies Limited certificate.
The training is residential and will be held at livecodeTraining Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 725771853
The course fees is KES 193,000.00 or USD 2,700.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B April 10 2019.
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||06-08-2020 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||06-26-2020 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||06-04-2020|