Introduction to VBA Programming Course
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is an object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft. VBA language has been integrated with Excel in order to have programming features which enable the developers to handle the data manipulation along with Excel function very easily. VBA is good for developing reporting systems in a capital markets environment and developing core business performance reporting etc.
Using a step-by-step approach, this course shows how the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language can extend the functionality of Excel. Students will learn to write macros to accept user input, read to and write from cells, and manipulate data. They will also learn to write custom functions and create user forms. Useful examples of problems and their solutions will be provided.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This advanced training course is ideal for:
- People wanting to use more complex functions within Excel.
- All persons using Excel spreadsheets in an advanced way and wish to extend Excel functionality and automate tasks.
- All persons involved in spreadsheet work where significant automation is required.
Participants will need to have attended or be familiar with the basics of Microsoft Excel.
Upon completion of this training course, participants should be able to:
- Record and run macros
- Understand and apply object-oriented concepts
- Understand events in Excel
- Be acquainted with the most important Excel VBA objects and properties
- Understand Excel VBA functions and write their own functions
- Use the Visual Basic environment to code and edit complex programs
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Introduction to Excel Macros
- Introduction to Excel Macros
- Recording and running macros
- Assigning macros to menus, toolbars and buttons
- Organising Macros
Introduction to VBA
- Variables and constants
- The Visual Basic editor
- VBA object model. Object, methods, properties and procedures
- Excel objects
- Workbook and Worksheet events
- Type of variables in Excel VBA
- Domain of variables in VBA
- Understanding and using Arrays
- Working with String variables
Excel VBA Forms and Controls
- User forms and dialog boxes
- Form Controls (Vs. ActiveX Controls)
- Input boxes and Message boxes
Working with functions and procedures in Excel VBA
- Difference between procedure and functions
- Working with variable in procedures and function
- Declaring procedures and functions
- Using inbuilt Excel function within VBA
- Custom/User-defined functions
- Interfacing With Other Windows Applications
Decisions / Looping in Excel VBA
- If statements
- Case statement
- VBA Loops
Working with Structured tables, Pivot Tables and Charts in Excel VBA
- Working with Structured Tables
- Working with Pivot Tables and Charts
Error-handling and debugging
- Debugging Macros
- Error trapping
- Compiling a VBA project
User VBA Casework
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Livecode Technologies certificate.
The training is residential and will be held at livecode Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 725771853
The course fees is KES 65,000.00 or USD 900.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank on or before the training date.
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||06-08-2020 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||06-12-2020 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||06-04-2020|
|Individual Price||USD 900|