Advanced Information Systems Management Course
Training on Information Systems Management is an important concept in the project management arena. This is because without the skills the project managers cannot be in a position to run projects from the funders/donors. It is thus paramount for the project managers and other stakeholders to train on this course to be better placed when managing projects. A good proposal that addresses a real need will attract a donor. Organizations require personnel well equipped with an understanding of the information systems management and development process. This is a highly practical and participative workshop that will provide organizations with staff grounded in knowledge and skills for developing and managing information systems.
- The primary responsibilities of the IS department.
- Techniques that should be employed to protect computing devices and data.
- The development of information systems.
- The reasons for outsourcing IS services, the most common and popular outsource alternatives and the outsourcing risks.
- Technical, data, and human safeguards.
- The rights and responsibilities regarding services provided by the IS department.
- The threats to computer security.
- How organizations should respond to security threats and incidents.
Who should attend?
The course will target programme officers, managers, development team leaders, programmers, Chief Technology Officers and all individuals handling systems in their businesses and organizations.
Information Systems Development
- What is systems development?
- The five phases of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Accomplishing system definition
- The users’ role in the requirement phase
- Designing the five components
- Implementing an IS
- The tasks for system maintenance
- Problems with the SDLC
Information Systems Management
- Functions and organization of the IS department
- How do organizations plan the use of IS?
- Advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing
- User rights and responsibilities
Information Security Management
- The goal of IS security
- How big is the computer security problem?
- Responding to security threats
- Technical safeguards
- Data safeguards
- Human safeguards
- Responding to security incidents
This instructor led training course is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at the Livecode Technologies Training Centre in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile Number: +254 725 771 853
The course fee is KES 55,000.00 or USD 900.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||10-17-2022 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-21-2022 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||10-13-2022|
|Individual Price||USD 900|