E-library Management Technique Course
All business activities for information management, librararians, library professionals, document management, records managers, administrative management professionals are governed by good standards and best practices in e-library management, filing, management of documentation, establishing legislative and compliant libraries, policies and adhering to guidelines set out by the International Federation of Library Association (IFLA) and ISO standards.
This programme will look at library management and espcially electronic libraries, electronic and paper filing, document and version control, mobile libraries, Braille users, compliance and legislation, metadata and indexing, managing collections, archiving and preservation, advanced searching methods, e-library management policies and electronic systems. Unique features of this programme
- A broad overview of procedures, guidelines, best practices and standards relating to e-Library management, document control, administration, filing, documentation and document management and improvement
- Review best practice and guidelines from the International Federation of Library Association (IFLA)
- Review ISO standard related to indexing, metadata, library, archiving, storage and documentation standards
- Review of e-Library management systems for storage, indexing, searching, control, archiving and long term preservation
- Review legal issues, legislation and compliance requirements
- Focus on the need to create good document policy, procedures and standards
- Hands-on drafting, programmes and case studies in groups
Training will involve a high level of interaction and delegate participation. The intention is that the trainer will explain issues, using real examples, but will then involve the delegates in discussion, using the information provided. Examples of procedures will be used.
Delegates are encouraged to bring real problem examples with them, for discussion on a confidential basis, and to share their experience of particular issues in their company or industry. Time will be allowed for general discussions, and for one-to-one discussion with the trainer.
Who should Attend
- IT Management
- Technical staff
- Library management professionals
- HR, Finance and Operational Management personnel
- Process supervisors
- Team leaders
- Administration and cataloguing personnel
- Archive specialists and records managers
- Document controllers
- Document management and filing administrators
- Personnel seeking to enhance their skills
By the end of this Livecode training course, you will be able to:
- Create, develop and put in an action plan for creating, setup, management and control of e-library management system including document control, auditing and compliance
- Review the security requirements and put together controls for managing confidential and private materials
- Provide an understanding of how good filing systems are developed
- Consider who needs to be involved in the process of developing such e-library management systems, policies and standards
- Investigate issues concerning the lack of good e-library filing and documentation standards
- Understand how a green library works
- Improve filing and documentation standards
- Improve manual hardcopy and softcopy e-library management systems
- Introduce records management, document control and management practices and standards
- Review ISO standards for library management, storage and archiving and documentation management
Training Course Outline
Among a range of valuable topics, the following will be given high priority:
- Introduce e-library management and techniques
- The structure of e-library filing, indexing, storage and search
- Review documentation, document control and records management
Review Policies and Standards
- Review guidelines for International Federation of Library Association (IFLA)
- ISO standards for e-library, documentation and document management
- Regulatory, compliance and legal considerations
Designing e-Library Management Procedures and Systems
- Design overview
- Creating e-library filing and documentation control policies and procedures
- Creating indexing and metadata, storage, archive and search systems and setting up security
IT, Standards and Implementation
- Review of IT e-library management systems
- Roles and responsibilities
- Project planning and implementation
Case Studies and Programmes
- Case studies
- Drafting exercises
- Final wrap-up and discussion
This instructor led training course is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at the Livecode Training Centre in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile Number: +254 725 771 853
The course fees is KES 65,000.00 or USD 950.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organization. To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organization, call our team on
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||10-17-2022 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-21-2022 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||10-13-2022|
|Individual Price||USD 950|