GIS Mapping Visualization And Analysis Using QGIS Course
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WORKING IN:
- New Users
- Data Editors
- GIS Database Designers
- GIS Managers
- Data Editors
- GIS Analysts
- Map Designers
- GIS Technical leads
- GIS Desktop Application Developers.
It’s a known fact that information is processed from facts and figures; we also agree that if data is not well managed it can be overwhelming. Giving a spatial dimension to data and performing spatial analysis in a GIS environment speeds interpretation visualization which eventually speeds up implementation of programs.
Integrating GIS and Remote Sensing as a decision making tool has seen many organizations gain competitive advantage and remain relevant globally. To make timely decisions requires not only innovative ways to access accurate and real time information, but also tools to help present the information in ways that are useful.
Everything that happens in this world has a spatial dimension and this has made GIS applicable across all fields e.g. in agriculture, business, forestry, crime, mining, health, transport and communications, utility management, climate change, planning etc. A geographic information system (GIS) will allow you to bring all types of data inform of layers, overlay them to perform analysis and eventually publish a map from that.
This main objective of this course is to help our client understand how well they can apply GIS and Remote Sensing in their day to day activities of their organization. The course will be hands-on exercises in Quantum GIS (QGIS).
No of Days
- Develop and implement a GIS project
- Master the principles and concepts of GIS and RS
- Acquire, manipulate, save the data sources in a GIS
- Understand how GIS database works and how to update
- Lear how to edit data in GIS
- Learn map design ,symbolization and publishing
- Mastering the output and dissemination of results of a GIS project.
- Present the software and data sources available on the current GIS market
- Learn digital image processing techniques
- Become familiar with specific functionality to the GIS: "Spatial Analysis"
- Discover and use the internet for publishing maps
Introduction to GPS, GIS and Remote Sensing Principles
- Principles of GIS and Remote Sensing
- Components of GIS Systems
- GIS Capabilities and Functions
- Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Introduction to GPS and Global Navigation Satellite
Data Acquisition: Using Mobile based GPS (ODK)
- Principles and concepts of GPS
- Introduction to Mobile Data gathering
- Getting started
- Survey Authoring
- GIS Mapping ODK collected data
- Online web mapping with Google maps
- Exporting to GIS /RS environment for further analysis
- Hosting the data online
Data Acquisition: Extraction of feature from other sources
- Extracting data from Satellite images,
- Extracting data from online GIS data sources
- Importing data to GIS
- Obtaining Data from topographic sheets
- Downloading Data from open street maps
Database Design and development
- Working with spreadsheets data in GIS
- Conceptual and logical database design
- Building and coding the attributes
- Digitizing and scanning of maps
- Relating spatial and attribute data
Editing and management of GIS
- Adding feature to GIS data
- Reducing GIS data
- cutting points of interest in image datasets
- Transforming GIS data
Integrating Imagery and Remote Sensing into GIS
- Radiometric and atmospheric correction
- Temporal normalization
- Geo-coding and geo-referencing
- Signature development
- Supervised Classification
- Unsupervised Classification
- Change detection
- Accuracy assessment
- Creating views and themes
- Working with themes
- Working with attribute tables
- Spatial query and analysis
- Working with charts
- Creating a map layout
- Digital Cartography and Visualization
Introduction to cartographic visualization and the mapping process
- Components of a map
- Map design
- Symbol design
- Name design and placement
- Concept of scale
- Map projections
- Data pre-processing techniques
- Thematic mapping;
- Digital mapping
Online Publishing of maps and GIS outputs
- Working with Google Maps and Fusion Tables
- Publishing into other web based platforms
- Case study of a related programme use of GIS and RS technology
This instructor led training course is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at the Livecode Training Centre in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile Number: +254 725 771 853
The course fees is KES 140,000.00 or USD 2,000.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organization. To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organization, call our team on
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||10-07-2019 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-18-2019 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||10-03-2019|