Delegates should be comfortable with HTML and some CSS. Knowledge of XML would be useful, as would experience in any other programming language (but these are not mandatory)
By the end of this course, you will have learnt:
- Document and Browser Object Models
- Variables and Scope
- Scripting Forms
- Error handling and Debugging
- Overview of AJAX, JSON and jQuery
- Architecture of a Web application;
- Core Web technologies;
- DOM scripting and AJAX;
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Declaring variables and arrays
- Using operators and expressions
- Loops and decision-making constructs
- Alert, confirmation and prompt boxes
- Regular expressions
- Overview of objects
- The Object type
- Extending,modifying, and deleting an object
- Inheriting properties and methods
- Cascading methods
- Using predefined objects
- Manipulating arrays
- Creating new object types
- Overview of HTML forms
- Accessing elements in a form
- Validating user input
- UX considerations
- Treating images as objects
- Rollovers / Mouseovers
- Loading images efficiently
Module 6: Window and Document Management
- Interacting with the browser
- Managing windows
- Interacting with the status bar
- Using timeouts, frames, and cookies
- Managing documents
- Detecting nodes
- Searching for nodes
- Adding content to the page
Module 7: Advanced Event Handling
- The core event model
- Understanding the Event object
- Event propagation
- Cross-browser events
- Types of style sheets
- Modifying styles of an element
- CSS and positioning
- Object models for DHTML
Module 9: Overview of AJAX
- Creating an XMLHttpRequest object
- Interacting with a server
- Handling XML and JSON responses
- Updating the user interface
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our Livecode Technologies Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Mob: +254 725771853
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. Applicants must live up to Livecode Technologies admission criteria.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a Livecode Technologies certificate.
The training is residential and will be held at livecodeTraining Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 725771853
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank before the training date.
The course fee is KES 70,000.00 or USD 950.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||02-13-2023 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||02-17-2023 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||02-09-2023|