Training on Mobile Data Collection and Data Management using CommCare
About the course
CommCare is an open source cloud-based, mobile and web platform for non-programmers that lets you make apps that you can deploy on android devices as well as in the cloud and other cell phone devices. Data collection is a vital part of any developmental work. In previous year’s data collection used to be done on paper and pen which was prone to a lot of errors and difficult to conduct on large scale. However the current ICT tools now allows us to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real time. This training will equip the participants with skills to author, field and manage data collection using CommCare.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training will equip the participants with skills to author, field and manage mobile data collection platform using EpiCollect.
This training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic ICT concepts.
5 Days - Class Based
7 Days - Online Learning.
By the end of this training the participants will learn to:
- Convert paper forms/questionnaires into digital forms that can be use for mobile data collection and case management
- Build basic mobile application, install and use on phone.
- View, manage and export Data within CommCare
- Mapping and visualization of CommCare data
Module I: Introduction to CommCare and Benefits
- Introduction and Key Concepts
- Setting up your CommcareHQ
- Navigating through ComCareHQ
- Case study
- Best practices
Module II: Building a basic application
- System design
- Setting Up Your Project Space
- Building your application
- Designing forms using the form builder
- Adding form logic
- Creating a follow up form
Module III: Refining Your Application for Case Management
- Setting up cases
- Loading case data
- Update EDD
- Testing your application
- Closing cases
Module IV: Publishing and Installing Your Application & More
- Managing Mobile Workers and Web Users
- Managing Captured Data
- Installing an Application on Android
- Setting Up Multimedia in the Application
- Common Logic and Calculations Additional
- Information on Managing Cases
- Presentation and review of participants course projects with the instructors.
- Action plan
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Mobile: +254 725 771 853
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fees is KES 70,000.00 or USD 1,000.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Mobile: +254 725 771 853
Payment should be transferred to bank before commencement of training.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
|Event Date||08-15-2022 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||08-19-2022 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||08-11-2022|
|Individual Price||USD 1,000|