With the aim of attaining the Sustainable Goal 5 on gender equality and empower all women and girls and in particular target 1 and 2 to end all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere and eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, there is need for organizations and institutions involved in implementing projects to ensure that the projects are socially inclusive and all genders are protected against sexual and gender based violence. This 5 days course will equip participants with knowledge on how to increase social inclusion and discover gender based violence in the organizations and institutions.
Who can attend?
- Project managers
- Staff managing projects
- Staff in non-government organizations
- government officials,
- CBO operatives, NGO employees,
- Anyone involved in project management activities
- humanitarian organizations,
- Development partners,
- Social Worker
- Community Counsellor
- Other institutions focused on gender equality
At the end of the training participants will be:
- Understand the meaning of Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV)
- Learn different forms of SGBV
- Understand how to prevent SGBV
- Understand how to respond to SGBV
- Learn various reporting mechanisms, and how to develop a programmatic response for SGBV.
Module 1: Introduction to Gender-Based Violence
- Defining Sexual and Gender-Based Violence its Forms and Consequences
- Causes and Contributing Factors of GBV
- Types of SGBV
- Human Rights
Preventing Gender-Based Violence
- Outlining Prevention Interventions
- Reducing Risks and Vulnerabilities
- Designing Prevention Interventions
- Ending Impunity
Module 2: Responding to Gender-Based Violence
- Survivor-centred Response
- Survivor-centred Health Care
- Psychosocial and Mental Health
Module 3: GBV and Law
- Sexual Offences Act (Country specific)
- Domestic Violence Act (Country specific)
- Child Rights Act (Country Specific)
- The pathway to formal justice
Module 4: Action against Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Multisectoral Action
- Interagency, Multisectoral Coordination
- Existing national and institutional action to combat gender-based violence
- Gender-based Violence Assistance Organisations
Module 5: Monitoring and Evaluation in Gender-Based Violence Interventions
- Design of SMART GBV project results
- GBV indicators
- Stakeholders engagement in GBV projects
- Evaluation of GBV projects
This instructor led training course is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a Livecode Technologies certificate.
The training is residential and will be held at the Livecode Technologies Training Center in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile Number: +254 725 771 853
The course fees is KES 70,000.00 or USD 1000.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank on or before the course commences.
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organization. To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organization, contact our team on:
Mobile Number: +254 725 771 853