MySQLi Database Essentials Course
MySQLi is a Relational SQL database management system. MySQLi is used inside the PHP programming language to give an interface with MySQL databases. This course will give you quick start with MySQLi and make you comfortable with MySQLi programming.
This course has been prepared for the beginners to help them understand the basics to advanced concepts related to MySQLi languages.
Before you start doing this course , one should have basic understanding of MySQL database, and a knowledge of PHP is recommended for this course.
COURSE OBJECTIVES OF MySQLi
- An object-oriented interface
- Support for prepared statements
- Support for multiple statements
- Support for transactions
- Enhanced debugging support
- Embedded server support
In this course you will learn MySQLi, a way to connect to databases within PHP. It covers connecting to the database, and using all the features required to build fast, scalable applications that use a database connection. It covers essential concepts like security, and best practices with using the data retrieved from the database. A knowledge of PHP and MySQL is recommended for this course.
- Install and configure a PHP editor
- Install and configure a PHP and MySQL package (XAMPP suggested)
- Set up a PHP and MySQL site online
- Overview of PHP, basic syntax of PHP, creating a php “island”, using a .php extension
- Create a simple PHP page
Statements, variables, operators, comments, functions, scope
- Writing your own code in PHP pages
- Creating and using variables; assignment statements; types of variables; variable naming
- Operators, comments, built-in functions
- Variable scope: local, global, superglobals ($_GET, $_POST, $_SESSION, etc.)
- Basic debugging: develop the ability to understand PHP error messages and use them to debug written code.
Arrays and Control Structures
- Simple and associative arrays
- If, else, while, for, foreach (optional: switch)
- Error handling with try…catch
Structured PHP programming
- User-defined functions, passing variables (optional: returning a value)
Database concepts and SQL
- Database concepts: Fields, records, relational database, types of relationships, normalization
- SQL: Syntax of most common SELECT statements, keywords, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
- Optional: DDL example (CREATE DATABASE or CREATE TABLE)
- Create a user account, a database, a table; data types and storage engines (InnoDB)
- Exporting and importing a database and tables with PHPMyAdmin
Using MySQL with PHP
- Connect to a database with PDO; PDO vs mysqli
- Writing and executing SQL statements with PHP and PDO
- SELECT data from 2 related tables and display it on a webpage
Processing forms with PHP
- Collect data in a form, submit to a processing page
- Display data submitted by the form in a processing page
- Security: sanitizing data to prevent SQL Injection, buffer overflow, etc.
- Insert data from a form into a database with INSERT (Optional: DELETE and/or UPDATE)
- Email the submitted data (PHPMailer)
- Server-side validation of form data with “if” statementsGetting Started with MySQLi
- Connecting To A Database
- Connecting Using PHP
- Creating a Database Table
- Prepared Statements for Inserting
- Selecting Prepared Statements
- Freeing Results
- Closing the Database Connection
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our Livecode Technologies Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Mob: +254 725771853
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. Applicants must live up to Livecode Technologies admission criteria.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a Livecode Technologies certificate.
The training is residential and will be held at livecodeTraining Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 725771853
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank before the training date.
The course fee is KES 130,000.00 or USD 1350.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||10-19-2020 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-30-2020 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||10-15-2020|