Training on Microsoft Excel for Beginners Course
Introduction to Microsoft Excel training, empowers participants with key skills to: create and edit worksheets, implement formulas and functions, sort and filter detail data with tables and slicers. Visualize the numbers in a consumable and professional format analyzing data with charting, conditional formatting, sparklines, and pivot tables.
Learn the basics of creating spreadsheets in Excel. Enter data, formulas, format and print workbooks.
This course is for individuals whose job responsibilities include creating, inputting and printing basic spreadsheets.
Basic Windows, keyboarding and mouse skills.
If you do well in this unit, you should be able to:
- Efficiently navigate and manipulate worksheets and workbooks
- Implement an income and expense statement with formulas, functions and names
- Design a reusable data entry template that protects formulas
- Implement conditional formatting to analyze sales information
- Connect, prepare and validate data employing editing tools, formulas, and Flash Fill
- Identify, sort and select detail data with tables and slicers
- Present and analyze data with conditional formatting, charting, sparklines, and printing parameters
- Construct IF functions that make decisions - present results visually
- Combine data with 3-D formulas
- Analyze summary data with PivotTables and implement a quick dashboard
Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Working with cell ranges—navigating and selecting cells with the mouse and keyboard
- Entering and editing data, and employing AutoFill to enter data
- Inserting and deleting rows, columns or cells.
- Adjusting column width and row height
- Manipulating data with cut, copy, paste, with the clipboard or with dragging the mouse
- Leveraging multiple worksheets
Formulas and Functions
- Writing simple formulas
- Exploring audit tools to examine and evaluate formulas
- Referencing cells in formulas using relative and absolute references
- Configuring cells for the number format and alignment
- Constructing common functions with the aid of the function wizard and the Formula tab
- Implementing names in formulas and functions
Worksheet Formating and Presentation
- Setting up initial cell formatting
- Drawing attention to data with formatting
- Working with templates - Protecting cell ranges and worksheets
- Analyzing data with conditional formatting
Getting Data In and Out
- Importing data into Excel from various sources: text, web, Microsoft Access, SQL Server
- Transforming data with global replace and data tools
- TEXT and DATE functions
- 2013 Flash Fill assistant
Sorting, Selecting and Subtotaling data
- Subtotaling a Filtered list with the subtotal command
- Implementing Tables and Table Formulas
- Subtotaling a table with the Total Row
- Filtering Tables with Slicers
Presenting Data Visually
- Leveraging charts to create a visual presentation
- Creating charts using wizards
- Adjusting chart settings, including titles, labels, and chart types
- Working with Views of the spreadsheet
- Setting up your workbook for printing
Introducing Advanced Features
- Implementing dates
- Summarizing data from other worksheets with 3-D formulas
- Designing IF functions and conditional formatting
- Analyzing summary data with Pivot tables and slicers
This instructor led training course is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at the Livecode Training Centre in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile Number: +254 725 771 853
The course fees is KES 69,000.00 or USD 1,000.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Livecode Technologies account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organization. To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organization, call our team on
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||03-20-2023 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||03-24-2023 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||03-16-2023|
|Individual Price||USD 1,000|